Conflict Victim and Disable Society-Nepal (CVDS-Nepal) was established in 2005 as a non profit non governmental organization. It is governed by a board of members and advisory committee. Since its establishment CVDS-Nepal worked for the financial, emotional and social upliftment of victims and people with disabilities of the society. Considering the current situation of the country , CVDS-Nepal tries to support people who have been affected by political, social and cultural violence with in the country through following innovative:
Some of the areas in which empowerment training is being imparted are:
- Identify conflict victims and persons with disabilities.
- Improve livelihoods of those target groups through Vocational /Empowerment training.
The following types of people have been prioritized by CVDS-Nepal for entrepreneurship training program:
- Handicraft(Paper craft)
- Hair and Skin careTailoring/Sewing machine
- Fruit and Vegetable pickle
- Computer official package program
- Literature in English and others
- Mobile / T.V. Repairing
- Victims of conflict
- Internally displaced persons (IDPs)
- People with disabilities
- Disadvantaged groups
- Socially deprived groups
- Excluded groups particularly women
- Dalits, Indigenous group
- Urban poor and others
- Inclusion of conflict victims and people with disabilities in mainstream of Education and Health.
- Conduct awareness programs of Education and Health in poor community to improve living conditions of those target groups.
- Initiate the management of essential support of materials to the target groups.